Pierce & Williams Incorporated was founded in 1953 by James Pierce and M.G. Williams. Beginning as a hatchery in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, PWR began its work in construction with building storage systems for its own chicken feed. Soon after, the company was being commissioned to build grain storage and handling systems for farmers, and the company made a name for itself in the construction field. In 1974, Pierce & Williams was joined by Howard Read to form the current company of Pierce Williams & Read Construction. In 2010 Marc Thomas joined the company as a salesman and purchased it in 2013. Though it began its construction days by doing agricultural projects, erecting pre-engineered metal buildings for farm shops and grain storage, the company shifted greatly toward the commercial and industrial communities during the 80's, building installations for factories and metal buildings for corporate companies beginning with the building of the first White Hydraulics in Hopkinsville in the early 80's. Since then, PWR has frequently gone through a cycle from agricultural to commercial, and thus has been able to develop a well-rounded knowledge of both fields.